The World Builders Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where creative thinkers come together to build worlds...

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Letters to Juliet

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
IMagius
Primary Character
IMagius

Letters to Juliet Empty
PostSubject: Letters to Juliet   Letters to Juliet EmptySun Aug 28, 2011 1:51 pm

Letters to Juliet

This is a "chick flick" if I ever saw one. Fairy tale love, budding romance, lost love, etc.. This movie has it.

And that is not a bad thing. I actually enjoyed this movie much more than I thought I would.

I honestly don't have a lot more to say about this movie. I don't like analyzing a plot and giving things away in a review, and there isn't anythign else to talk about. It's simply a great movie that looks at Love from a few different angles.

Acting was good, though I'm not sure I recognized any of them. Filming was beautiful, and as this takes place in Italy, it was a nice change from the typical "Western" backdrop.

Script suffered a little bit at the end and became slightly too predictable, but not enough that it set itself apart from any other movie in this genre ... they all seem to have that flaw.

Another good "date movie".

Rating: 8/10
Back to top Go down
rainshadow
Compulsive Writer
Compulsive Writer
rainshadow

Letters to Juliet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Letters to Juliet   Letters to Juliet EmptyWed Sep 05, 2012 4:02 am

I was actually discussing this movie with a friend of mine, and he actually hated it for one reason and one reason only:

Who in their right mind would go to Juliet for "love advice"? The original play was a story not of romance but of lust. Those two didn't really understand what true love really is.

I never saw the movie, but my friend was disgusted. LOL
Back to top Go down
https://worldbuildersguild.rpg-board.net

Letters to Juliet
Page 1 of 1