The World Builders Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where creative thinkers come together to build worlds...

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Vow...not so romantic

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
RainCloud
Primary Character

The Vow...not so romantic Empty
PostSubject: The Vow...not so romantic   The Vow...not so romantic EmptyFri Feb 24, 2012 4:17 pm

I keep meaning to write this. I don't know how widespread "The Vow" was (it may have only been in the US) but it was released before Valentine's Day as a super romantic movie on the level of "The Notebook." I actually found it really sad and anti-romantic.

Plot spoiler (ending):
Spoiler:

For those who don't know the plot: A man and woman got married and about 6 months later, they were in a terrible car accident. The woman lost all her memories of the past three years, which was how long she had known her husband. She didn't remember him at all so he had to try to get her to fall in love with him again.

Sidenote: Two ironic things about this movie. a) I almost went to Lake Forest College. Its the only college I actually got accepted to outright. b) On my honeymoon, I had a really similar experience to the car accident scene. We went to go see a movie together and when we got out, it was snowing. We had to walk like 5 blocks to catch a bus back to the hotel and, at one point, we were walking down the middle of a road in the snow. I was terrified that we'd get hit and not have a chance to live our lives together.
Back to top Go down
rainshadow
Compulsive Writer
Compulsive Writer
rainshadow

PostSubject: Re: The Vow...not so romantic   The Vow...not so romantic EmptySat Feb 25, 2012 7:14 am

Well, I wasn't going to see it anyway, most likely. So probably I will continue to plan not to see it. Wink
Back to top Go down
https://worldbuildersguild.rpg-board.net
RainCloud
Primary Character

PostSubject: Re: The Vow...not so romantic   The Vow...not so romantic EmptySat Feb 25, 2012 11:45 pm

IMO, its even worse than it sounds x.x
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Vow...not so romantic   The Vow...not so romantic Empty

Back to top Go down

The Vow...not so romantic
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The World Builders Guild :: General Discussion Forums :: Entertainment Drabble :: Movies-
Jump to: