The World Builders Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where creative thinkers come together to build worlds...

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Goodkind?

Go down 
+5
Confessor Kahlan
rainshadow
Memnoch
Deano
drefan72
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
drefan72
Minor Character
drefan72

New Goodkind? Empty
PostSubject: New Goodkind?   New Goodkind? EmptyThu May 03, 2012 4:12 pm

Anyone know of a new book by Terry Goodkind? Any details? Title? anything????
Back to top Go down
Deano
Secondary Character
Deano

New Goodkind? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Goodkind?   New Goodkind? EmptyThu May 03, 2012 7:11 pm

This was posted on facebook a few days back, as "The first of many clues."

New Goodkind? 528049_10150706482136822_111426611821_9450070_1368294951_n
Back to top Go down
Memnoch
Secondary Character
Memnoch

New Goodkind? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Goodkind?   New Goodkind? EmptyThu May 03, 2012 7:31 pm

meh, he kinda burned his bridges for me. Def not buying this with any form of official currency.

Last edited by Memnoch on Thu May 03, 2012 7:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
rainshadow
Compulsive Writer
Compulsive Writer
rainshadow

New Goodkind? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Goodkind?   New Goodkind? EmptyThu May 03, 2012 7:35 pm

Actually that was the second clue. Last year shortly after TOM came out there was this clue (paraphrased, I think): "Every legend has a beginning; every warrior has a mother."

We've been told it isn't about Richard or Kahlan's mothers. Personally I think they use the term "mother" loosely. Guess we shall see.
Back to top Go down
https://worldbuildersguild.rpg-board.net
rainshadow
Compulsive Writer
Compulsive Writer
rainshadow

New Goodkind? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Goodkind?   New Goodkind? EmptyThu May 03, 2012 7:38 pm

Memnoch wrote:
meh, he kinda burned his bridges for me.

In letting Rob ruin his official online community, with the lies and deciet, I'm inclined to agree. For someone so adamant about his philosophy he sure likes to fall into the trap of his own rules.

I still enjoy the books, but they don't quite hold as much meaning as they used to.
Back to top Go down
Memnoch
Secondary Character
Memnoch

New Goodkind? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Goodkind?   New Goodkind? EmptyThu May 03, 2012 7:40 pm

rainshadow wrote:
Memnoch wrote:
meh, he kinda burned his bridges for me.

In letting Rob ruin his official online community, with the lies and deciet, I'm inclined to agree. For someone so adamant about his philosophy he sure likes to fall into the trap of his own rules.

I still enjoy the books, but they don't quite hold as much meaning as they used to.

On the contrary, I had put the online community aside, the end of the Sword of Truth series, coupled with the near-travesties following, I simply have little to no interest in reading his books anymore. Especially not with all the far superior work coming out lately.

In addition, I don't even know the whole "Rob" story, if someone could enlighten me, that would be positively high school gossip level awesome! bounce
Back to top Go down
Confessor Kahlan
Primary Character
Confessor Kahlan

New Goodkind? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Goodkind?   New Goodkind? EmptySun May 13, 2012 9:13 am

rainshadow wrote:
Actually that was the second clue. Last year shortly after TOM came out there was this clue (paraphrased, I think): "Every legend has a beginning; every warrior has a mother."

We've been told it isn't about Richard or Kahlan's mothers. Personally I think they use the term "mother" loosely. Guess we shall see.

Magda Searus??

I just watched the video again, trying to pause it at the parts which had writing to see if I could pick out any significant words. Not much luck though.

Although, the part where the person is peeling off their skin could mean transformation. Perhaps the transforming of one thing into another using magic?? "Conception" could mean coming up with the idea for the confessors and "Creation" could mean their creation. Possibly.

Maybe I'm reading too much into it because I'd love to read a book based around that time. Anyway, we shall see.
Back to top Go down
rainshadow
Compulsive Writer
Compulsive Writer
rainshadow

New Goodkind? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Goodkind?   New Goodkind? EmptySun May 13, 2012 9:29 am

I've made a similar connection, likely more wishful thinking where I'm putting together clues in a manner that suits what I WANT to see, when I think it's possible that we could be seeing the first of the Seekers. Zedd said in the first book that "some of the best Seekers have been women". Well, what if the FIRST Seeker had been a woman... the "Mother of all Seekers", so to speak.

Food for thought, anyway. I don't think it likely, but at the very least given the few clues we have, it IS a possibility.
Back to top Go down
BigBen
Secondary Character
BigBen

New Goodkind? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Goodkind?   New Goodkind? EmptySun May 13, 2012 2:35 pm

What story could Terry have been wanting to tell for ages in the SOT world other than that of the "Great War"? He alludes to it soooo many times throughout the series and Richard gets so much help from clues left from that time that how could Terry not want to tell that story? I'm convinced it's going to be about Magda Searus, Barraccus, Merrit? and the creation of the SOT/Boxes of Orden with the whole temple of the winds betrayal etc. Although, what makes me doubt this, is that the name Rahl has been deleted from the list of names now on Terrys FB page, and there was a Rahl involved in the Great War... who knows, Terry always throws curve balls.
Back to top Go down
Deano
Secondary Character
Deano

New Goodkind? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Goodkind?   New Goodkind? EmptyWed Jun 13, 2012 6:38 pm

terrygoodkind: The title of the next novel has been announced. THE FIRST CONFESSOR: The Legend of Magda Searus (available July-2, 2012).

http://twitter.com/terrygoodkind/statuses/212732012941942785
Back to top Go down
rainshadow
Compulsive Writer
Compulsive Writer
rainshadow

New Goodkind? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Goodkind?   New Goodkind? EmptyWed Jun 13, 2012 6:40 pm

Yeah. Coming soon. Color me disappointed, but I suspect I'll enjoy it nonetheless.
Back to top Go down
BigBen
Secondary Character
BigBen

New Goodkind? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Goodkind?   New Goodkind? EmptyThu Jun 14, 2012 2:47 am

It's less than a month til release - a matter of weeks in fact - and you still can't pre-order it. In fact, the major book retailers haven't even heard of it yet. I think they're cutting it mighty fine with this one. Unless it's only an e-book release, but I can't see TG doing that for a full-length novel.

But, having said that, I am actually really looking forward to reading it. I've been expecting a story about the first war since TG started to expand on the stories during SOT. Hopefully, it'll live up to expectation. But I've lost patience with all the hype created around it. I'll just wait for the release. (They also said $9.99 it'll cost, but if it's out in hardback version I very much doubt book stores will sell it that cheap.)
Back to top Go down
rainshadow
Compulsive Writer
Compulsive Writer
rainshadow

New Goodkind? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Goodkind?   New Goodkind? EmptyThu Jun 14, 2012 8:29 am

I've also seen where it is essentially advertised as a "world-wide" release, meaning foreigners should be able to get the book at the same time as when it is released in the states.
Back to top Go down
BigBen
Secondary Character
BigBen

New Goodkind? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Goodkind?   New Goodkind? EmptyThu Jun 14, 2012 9:27 am

Yeah, us dirty foreigners! Wink
Back to top Go down
rainshadow
Compulsive Writer
Compulsive Writer
rainshadow

New Goodkind? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Goodkind?   New Goodkind? EmptyThu Jun 14, 2012 9:38 am

You know what I mean. "Foreigners" was easier to say than English, Canadians, Japanese, Australians, Mexicans, Spanish, etc...

You get the picture. :p
Back to top Go down
BigBen
Secondary Character
BigBen

New Goodkind? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Goodkind?   New Goodkind? EmptyThu Jun 14, 2012 10:05 am

Of course I know what you mean Wink but in all fairness I am rather dirty at the moment! Emptied the dirty tank of a cleaning machine and got sprayed! Nice.
Back to top Go down
Calwyn
Sidekick
Calwyn

New Goodkind? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Goodkind?   New Goodkind? EmptyThu Jun 14, 2012 12:30 pm

Probably has something to do with the fact that the new book is supposed to be self-published by Goodkind. You know, so he can escape the tyranny of wicked publishers like Tor and be the master of his own destiny.
Back to top Go down
BigBen
Secondary Character
BigBen

New Goodkind? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Goodkind?   New Goodkind? EmptyThu Jun 14, 2012 3:52 pm

he's self publishing? Or is that just a guess? This could go completely wrong for him if that's true. As, apparently, no publishers have heard about it and have no record of it on their system!
Back to top Go down
rainshadow
Compulsive Writer
Compulsive Writer
rainshadow

New Goodkind? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Goodkind?   New Goodkind? EmptyThu Jun 14, 2012 3:53 pm

Heh... well THAT'S a stunner. Revel doing a crappy job yet again.
Back to top Go down
BigBen
Secondary Character
BigBen

New Goodkind? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Goodkind?   New Goodkind? EmptyThu Jun 14, 2012 4:02 pm

standard!
Back to top Go down
Calwyn
Sidekick
Calwyn

New Goodkind? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Goodkind?   New Goodkind? EmptyThu Jun 14, 2012 6:46 pm

THIS book about the first Confessor is apparently going to be self published, although the followup book(s) to the Omen Machine will still be carries by Tor or Putnam (whoever published the first one)
Back to top Go down
BigBen
Secondary Character
BigBen

New Goodkind? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Goodkind?   New Goodkind? EmptyFri Jun 15, 2012 2:55 am

That would probably explain the poor attempt by revel/goodkind to build as much hype via facebook as possible then and the lack of any info from the book stores about the book.

This could go one of two ways really. The book could be a bit of a flop - with only dedicated fans of TG knowing about it and buying it - without hardly any "outsiders" knowing of its release unless they stumble across it in book stores - if it gets stocked in enough book stores. Or it could be a huge success for TG and he manages to get books stores to make large enough bulk purchases and creates enough hype for widespread awareness and it makes him a huge amount of money by cutting out the publishers.

To be honest, I'm a bit dubious about the second outcome so far, just taking into consideration the release is only a couple of weeks away and, other than on facebook and twitter, there is no info about the book anywhere!
Back to top Go down
BigBen
Secondary Character
BigBen

New Goodkind? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Goodkind?   New Goodkind? EmptySat Jun 16, 2012 5:58 am

It's only an e-book release! There will be no general release in book stores, no hardback, no paperback, no physical copies at all! Other than a few "VERY LIMITED" collectors editions. I really hope he prices the collectors editions reasonably and they don't run out before I can get my hands on one as I don't have an e-reader or anything to read it on. Grr. I think he's trying to go for some kind of record by completely self-publishing via e-book format a full-length, epic novel as the response to fans understandable disappointment was very tetchy and defensive, going on about what a big task it is etc etc. Not too impressed to be honest. Sad he's clearly thought only about himself and his wallet doing this, rather than his fan-base.
Back to top Go down
rainshadow
Compulsive Writer
Compulsive Writer
rainshadow

New Goodkind? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Goodkind?   New Goodkind? EmptySat Jun 16, 2012 9:34 am

You COULD download it to your PC. The Kindle App itself is free. I did just get a Kindle recently. I'm tempted to say fuck it as the story isn't exactly the one I really cared to read anyway.

FWIW, I've been told there will be a regular print release. I don't know if this person is making an assumption based on what TG said on his twitter feed, or if she is actually in the know. Getting actual clarification is driving me insane.
Back to top Go down
Deano
Secondary Character
Deano

New Goodkind? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Goodkind?   New Goodkind? EmptySat Jun 16, 2012 2:39 pm

From Facebook, if it helps at all:

TG's Facebook wrote:
The new novel is titled THE FIRST CONFESSOR: The Legend of Magda Searus. It will be available on July-2, this year. 18 days from now. English release, simultaneous and world-wide. There will be three formats available; ebook (available on all platforms including iPad, Nook, Kindle, etc), a printed and limited Collector's Edition, and an audiobook version. The ebook price will be $9.99, on sale for $8.99 the first week only. More details on the Collector's Edition and Audiobook will be revealed this weekend.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New Goodkind? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Goodkind?   New Goodkind? Empty

Back to top Go down

New Goodkind?
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next