The World Builders Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where creative thinkers come together to build worlds...

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Soccer Aid

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
ForeverCrimson
Minor Character
ForeverCrimson

Soccer Aid Empty
PostSubject: Soccer Aid   Soccer Aid EmptySun May 27, 2012 1:19 pm

So every year there is a charity football (read: soccer) match in the UK which has celebrities teamed up with real footballers to play a full soccer match - England vs. the Rest of the World. I'm just settling down to watch this years match and thought I'd share with you guys because the line up is *awesome* and really, really random. I cannot believe the celebrities they have managed to con into it this year... and I'm not convinced the American ones they've roped in will know how to play at all!

So this is the line up. Some need no introduction, in fact, most of the "Rest of the World" team are pretty famous; those I'm not sure you'll know I've put down who they are:

England -

Captain: Robbie Williams (singer; Take That)/ replaced last minute due to injury by Jonathan Wilkes (tv presenter)
John Bishop (comedian)
Marvin Humes (singer; JLS)
Jason Isaacs (Malfoyyyyyyyyyyy)
Paddy McGuinness (comedian)
Aston Merrygold (singer; JLS)
Olly Murs (singer)
Mark Owen (singer; Take That)
Ben Shephard (tv presenter)
Jamie Theakston (tv presenter)
Damien Lewis (actor; "Homeland")
Graeme Le Saux (footballer)
Martin Keown (footballer)
Kevin Phillips (footballer)
David Seaman (footballer)
Teddy Sheringham (footballer)
Des Walker (footballer)

Rest of the World -

Captain: Michael Sheen
Gerard Butler
Joe Calzaghe (boxer)
Will Ferrell
Woody Harrelson
Patrick Kielty (comedian)
James McAvoy
Mike Myers
Ed Norton
Sergio Pizzorno (singer; Kasabian)
Gordon Ramsay
Hernan Crespo (footballer)
Roy Kean (footballer)
Clarence Seedorf (footballer)
Jaap Stam (footballer)
Edwin Van Der Sar (footballer)
Freddie Ljunberg (footballer)

Warm up is happening now... Robbie Williams has just said Will Ferrell has a kick like a mule...

This is going to be amusing.
Back to top Go down
ForeverCrimson
Minor Character
ForeverCrimson

Soccer Aid Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soccer Aid   Soccer Aid EmptySun May 27, 2012 1:57 pm

Probably should have added that the "Rest of the World" won last time in 2010 thanks to a penalty shoot out - Woody Harrelson scored the winning goal that time.

So far the Americans couldn't understand what their 'manager' Kenny Daglish (Scottish football manager) was saying, Ed Norton didn't know the difference between training shoes and "real" shoes (with studs), Gerard Butler is motivating the team using quotes from 300, and Will Ferrell says if he scores a goal his celebration will get him deported... And Michael Sheen is just being Michael Sheen!
Back to top Go down
Deano
Secondary Character
Deano

Soccer Aid Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soccer Aid   Soccer Aid EmptySun May 27, 2012 11:04 pm

ForeverCrimson wrote:
Gerard Butler is motivating the team using quotes from 300

I'd watch it just for that.
Back to top Go down
RainCloud
Primary Character

Soccer Aid Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soccer Aid   Soccer Aid EmptyMon May 28, 2012 4:25 pm

This is amazing. Please, any updates would be welcome!
Back to top Go down
ForeverCrimson
Minor Character
ForeverCrimson

Soccer Aid Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soccer Aid   Soccer Aid EmptyMon May 28, 2012 5:58 pm

Match ended 3-1 to England... sorry Rest of the World! You were winning for the first half 1-0 thanks to the guitarist from Kasabian who scored an *awesome* goal passed the England keeper (ex-international goalkeeper).

Will Ferrell was injured in the second half and had to limp off, being replaced by Ed Norton.

Gordon Ramsey was flattened by ex-England footballer Teddy Sheringham early in the second half - he'd already got into a shoving match with comedian Paddy McGuinness (which was more funny than serious) but yeah... this YouTube vid's been doing the rounds. The slow-mo bit is funny. He had to be stretchered off though. Apparently he is in pain but fine. He was substituted by James McAvoy.

Gerard Butler played well and had a few shots at goal. He was substituted towards the end by Woody Harrelson.

More goal scored in second half because the ex-professional goal keepers were replaced by celebs.

Those interested here's the goals:

I'm sure there's other YouTube vids of the match out there also. But seriously the weirdest football commentary I have ever heard in my life! Very funny.

EDIT:
Oh oh just found the pre-match interview with Gerard Butler, Will Ferrell, Mike Myers and Woody Harrelson!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Soccer Aid Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soccer Aid   Soccer Aid Empty

Back to top Go down

Soccer Aid
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The World Builders Guild :: General Discussion Forums :: Entertainment Drabble-
Jump to: