The World Builders Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where creative thinkers come together to build worlds...

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hurricane Sandy

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
BrassButtons
Primary Character
BrassButtons

Hurricane Sandy Empty
PostSubject: Hurricane Sandy   Hurricane Sandy EmptyMon Oct 29, 2012 12:04 am

Anybody else being affected by this? We're along the storm's path, but far enough inland that we should avoid major damage. We're outside of the evacuation zone, but driving restrictions mean I can't go to work tomorrow. I am filled with sadness over this, let me tell you.

So, anybody else in Sandy's path, or getting effected by it? Hope everyone's staying safe.

ETA: The HMS Bounty has gone down, with two hands missing.
Back to top Go down
Calwyn
Sidekick
Calwyn

Hurricane Sandy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hurricane Sandy   Hurricane Sandy EmptyMon Oct 29, 2012 3:51 pm

The end of it will be hitting my area sometime tomorrow/Wednesday, but likely won't be too serious. Just a lot of rain and slightly stronger than normal wind.
Back to top Go down
Dinwar
Primary Character

Hurricane Sandy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hurricane Sandy   Hurricane Sandy EmptyMon Oct 29, 2012 5:39 pm

I called my family on that coast. They're on lock-down, basically. Batter-powered lanterns, battery back-ups on sump pumps, and oil lamps. No one allowed on the roads, and they were advised to stay inside. I tried talking to the family further inland, but no luck.

I saw the crane dangling from a building. That's scary--I've seen what those can do.
Back to top Go down
BrassButtons
Primary Character
BrassButtons

Hurricane Sandy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hurricane Sandy   Hurricane Sandy EmptyMon Oct 29, 2012 8:43 pm

Apparently Sandy is no longer a Hurricane (still a monster of a storm, though). The worst of the wind and rain seems to have passed (it was largely a non-event, thankfully--we were actually wondering when it was gonna really hit us when we realized we were already in the eye) however there's a chance we may get hit with a blizzard. So we'll see how this goes.

ETA: One of the two missing people from the Bounty was found, and has died. Apparently she was a direct descendent of Fletcher Christian, who took control of the original Bounty after a mutiny in the 1700s.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hurricane Sandy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hurricane Sandy   Hurricane Sandy Empty

Back to top Go down

Hurricane Sandy
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The World Builders Guild :: General Discussion Forums :: General Discussion Forum-
Jump to: