The World Builders Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where creative thinkers come together to build worlds...

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Third Kingdom

Go down 
+4
RainCloud
Calwyn
talonnolan
Deano
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Deano
Secondary Character
Deano

The Third Kingdom Empty
PostSubject: The Third Kingdom   The Third Kingdom EmptySun Feb 03, 2013 9:39 pm

Quote :
The next major novel is titled THE THIRD KINGDOM. It will be published by Tor and available everywhere, this Summer. It is the sequel to THE OMEN MACHINE (2011) and continues the story of Richard and Kahlan.

The Third Kingdom 285238_10151243438701822_1629328197_n

....I hope that's not the cover. Suspect
Back to top Go down
talonnolan
Shard Bearer
Shard Bearer
talonnolan

The Third Kingdom Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Third Kingdom   The Third Kingdom EmptyMon Feb 04, 2013 2:04 am

Quote :
If you wanted Richard and Kahlan to live happily ever after you should of stopped reading at Confessor

Um... I did. Just like most everyone else.
Back to top Go down
Calwyn
Sidekick
Calwyn

The Third Kingdom Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Third Kingdom   The Third Kingdom EmptyMon Feb 04, 2013 5:01 pm

Oh. My. God.

That is perhaps one of the worst slogans/tag lines for a book I've ever seen.
Back to top Go down
talonnolan
Shard Bearer
Shard Bearer
talonnolan

The Third Kingdom Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Third Kingdom   The Third Kingdom EmptyMon Feb 04, 2013 5:09 pm

Indeed, my friend. Indeed.
Back to top Go down
RainCloud
Primary Character

The Third Kingdom Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Third Kingdom   The Third Kingdom EmptyMon Feb 04, 2013 6:49 pm

talonnolan wrote:
Quote :
If you wanted Richard and Kahlan to live happily ever after you should of stopped reading at Confessor

Um... I did. Just like most everyone else.

That just about made my morning. Thank you. *dies laughing*

Spoiler tag if you haven't read the whole series yet:
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
BigBen
Secondary Character
BigBen

The Third Kingdom Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Third Kingdom   The Third Kingdom EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 4:48 pm

Sometimes I hate the fact that I hate not finishing a series once I start it.

This applies to this new series of R&K novels. The Omen Machine was not particularly good but I felt I had to read it because it was about R&K.

I am not looking forward to this new book, especially after seeing that god-awful graphic, but I have to read it because I read The Omen Machine.

After reading The First Confessor I think I'll always cringe when I learn about another Goodkind book as I'll always be concerned what characters he's going to ruin next lol
Back to top Go down
Deano
Secondary Character
Deano

The Third Kingdom Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Third Kingdom   The Third Kingdom EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 7:01 pm

Ah. So I guess I'm not alone in my lack of enthusiasm then.

BigBen wrote:
Sometimes I hate the fact that I hate not finishing a series once I start it.

This applies to this new series of R&K novels. The Omen Machine was not particularly good but I felt I had to read it because it was about R&K.

I am not looking forward to this new book, especially after seeing that god-awful graphic, but I have to read it because I read The Omen Machine

^ that pretty much sums up my opinion as well.
Back to top Go down
Calwyn
Sidekick
Calwyn

The Third Kingdom Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Third Kingdom   The Third Kingdom EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 10:10 pm

I'll read it because I like reading, but I may not buy it. I didn't wind up buying The Omen Machine either.
Back to top Go down
Dinwar
Primary Character

The Third Kingdom Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Third Kingdom   The Third Kingdom EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 9:41 pm

Calwyn wrote:
Oh. My. God.

That is perhaps one of the worst slogans/tag lines for a book I've ever seen.
Agreed. Did Mr. Goodkind get Revel to do his tag lines now?

I'll probably end up buying it--I mean, come on, if you thought they'd have a happily ever after you didn't read the series. But yeah, it's not the same as it was when it was the Sword of Truth novels--I'm not already planing on losing a weekend to it.
Back to top Go down
Calwyn
Sidekick
Calwyn

The Third Kingdom Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Third Kingdom   The Third Kingdom EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 12:47 am

Well, they probably WILL end up living happily ever after at the end. But they'll suffer and work for it right up until that point.
Back to top Go down
omnilord
Minor Character
omnilord

The Third Kingdom Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Third Kingdom   The Third Kingdom EmptyFri Feb 08, 2013 9:26 pm

You all should be able to remember my enthusiasm for the Sword of Truth series. Would it shock any of you to know, that after Law of Nines, I haven't read any of Terry's books? I just can't bring myself to ruin what I love most about Faith of the Fallen by continuing to read his books.

Anyway, I should find the thread about Brandon Sanderson's Mistborn... Wink
Back to top Go down
Calwyn
Sidekick
Calwyn

The Third Kingdom Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Third Kingdom   The Third Kingdom EmptySat Feb 09, 2013 12:08 am

I'm not sure if that means you've read it yet or not, but in case you haven't... yes you should. It's an awesome book!

And I haven't forgotten my enthusiasm for the SOT series, I still collect hardcovers of it in fact. I haven't forgotten my enthusiasm for his newer stuff either, because I never had it to begin with. Razz
Back to top Go down
BrassButtons
Primary Character
BrassButtons

The Third Kingdom Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Third Kingdom   The Third Kingdom EmptySat Feb 09, 2013 12:59 am

Ooh, are we talking about Mistborn now? Because that's a much better topic IMO Very Happy I need to reread that now that I know all the ending twists. I still can't believe I didn't see some of that coming...
Back to top Go down
Calwyn
Sidekick
Calwyn

The Third Kingdom Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Third Kingdom   The Third Kingdom EmptySun Feb 10, 2013 7:19 pm

Sanderson is one of the best at having great twists that you should see coming, but never do Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Third Kingdom Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Third Kingdom   The Third Kingdom Empty

Back to top Go down

The Third Kingdom
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The World Builders Guild :: General Discussion Forums :: Entertainment Drabble :: Books & Literature-
Jump to: