The World Builders Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where creative thinkers come together to build worlds...

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

HBO GREENLIGHTS GAME OF THRONES!

Go down 
+3
Professor X
Nicci
PyroMancer
7 posters
AuthorMessage
PyroMancer
Admin
Admin
PyroMancer

HBO GREENLIGHTS GAME OF THRONES! Empty
PostSubject: HBO GREENLIGHTS GAME OF THRONES!   HBO GREENLIGHTS GAME OF THRONES! EmptySat Jan 16, 2010 3:48 pm

Exciting bit of news recently in from HBO:

News Story!

We won't be seeing much of anything for over a year, but it's still super exciting that HBO likes what they've seen so far. cheers king study

Last edited by PyroMancer on Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Nicci
rainshadow's girl
Nicci

PostSubject: Re: HBO GREENLIGHTS GAME OF THRONES!   HBO GREENLIGHTS GAME OF THRONES! EmptySat Jan 16, 2010 5:03 pm

That is exciting!
Back to top Go down
Professor X
Founder of the X-Men
Founder of the X-Men
Professor X

PostSubject: Re: HBO GREENLIGHTS GAME OF THRONES!   HBO GREENLIGHTS GAME OF THRONES! EmptySat Jan 16, 2010 8:39 pm

Here's hoping!
Back to top Go down
http://www.worldbuildersguild.net/
Calwyn
Sidekick
Calwyn

PostSubject: Re: HBO GREENLIGHTS GAME OF THRONES!   HBO GREENLIGHTS GAME OF THRONES! EmptySat Jan 16, 2010 8:56 pm

All the more reason to be reading the books Wink
Back to top Go down
lalib
Friendly Neighborhood Terrorist
Friendly Neighborhood Terrorist
lalib

PostSubject: Re: HBO GREENLIGHTS GAME OF THRONES!   HBO GREENLIGHTS GAME OF THRONES! EmptySun Jan 17, 2010 5:56 pm

Calwyn wrote:
All the more reason to be reading the books Wink

Ditto my thoughts.
Back to top Go down
rainshadow
Compulsive Writer
Compulsive Writer
rainshadow

PostSubject: Re: HBO GREENLIGHTS GAME OF THRONES!   HBO GREENLIGHTS GAME OF THRONES! EmptyMon Jan 18, 2010 1:30 am

I think it'll be interesting myself. I'm jealous that both AGoT and the Spartacus remake got the deals they did, and SOT was stuck in a Hercules-like limbo.
Back to top Go down
https://worldbuildersguild.rpg-board.net
PyroMancer
Admin
Admin
PyroMancer

PostSubject: Re: HBO GREENLIGHTS GAME OF THRONES!   HBO GREENLIGHTS GAME OF THRONES! EmptyMon Jan 18, 2010 5:17 pm

To be honest, the Spartacus remake looks like a Gladiator wannabe. I haven't been impressed with what I've seen.
Back to top Go down
rainshadow
Compulsive Writer
Compulsive Writer
rainshadow

PostSubject: Re: HBO GREENLIGHTS GAME OF THRONES!   HBO GREENLIGHTS GAME OF THRONES! EmptyTue Jan 19, 2010 4:10 pm

Looks more like a 300 wannabe to me, but that's just based on previews.
Back to top Go down
https://worldbuildersguild.rpg-board.net
PyroMancer
Admin
Admin
PyroMancer

PostSubject: Re: HBO GREENLIGHTS GAME OF THRONES!   HBO GREENLIGHTS GAME OF THRONES! EmptyTue Mar 02, 2010 5:08 pm

GREENLIGHT

WOoooooOOot! Nine episodes plus the pilot, beginning next Spring. Who wants to bet the cast will be at Comic Con? PYRO WANT!
Back to top Go down
Professor X
Founder of the X-Men
Founder of the X-Men
Professor X

PostSubject: Re: HBO GREENLIGHTS GAME OF THRONES!   HBO GREENLIGHTS GAME OF THRONES! EmptyTue Mar 02, 2010 11:04 pm

I will look forward to the show!
Back to top Go down
http://www.worldbuildersguild.net/
Dinwar
Primary Character

PostSubject: Re: HBO GREENLIGHTS GAME OF THRONES!   HBO GREENLIGHTS GAME OF THRONES! EmptyTue Mar 09, 2010 12:05 am

How on Earth are they going to make it make sense? It works in a book, because you can always go back and re-read parts if you need to. Hard to do that with a TV show (though I guess TVo?
Back to top Go down
PyroMancer
Admin
Admin
PyroMancer

PostSubject: Re: HBO GREENLIGHTS GAME OF THRONES!   HBO GREENLIGHTS GAME OF THRONES! EmptyTue Mar 16, 2010 2:00 am

You can be sure the cast of the series will be significantly smaller than that of the books... and naturally the story will be cut down a pretty good deal. Each episode will be roughly 3 chapters of the book. With HBO's track record, I'm pretty confident they'll do the books justice.
Back to top Go down
Calwyn
Sidekick
Calwyn

PostSubject: Re: HBO GREENLIGHTS GAME OF THRONES!   HBO GREENLIGHTS GAME OF THRONES! EmptyTue Mar 16, 2010 2:54 am

PyroMancer wrote:
You can be sure the cast of the series will be significantly smaller than that of the books... and naturally the story will be cut down a pretty good deal. Each episode will be roughly 3 chapters of the book. With HBO's track record, I'm pretty confident they'll do the books justice.

So there's going to be 3 seperate storylines to each episode, since each chapter changes to a different character Razz
Back to top Go down
PyroMancer
Admin
Admin
PyroMancer

PostSubject: Re: HBO GREENLIGHTS GAME OF THRONES!   HBO GREENLIGHTS GAME OF THRONES! EmptyTue Mar 16, 2010 3:03 am

Well, I suppose I should say, "roughly the equivalent of" 3 chapters. I have no idea what format each episode will take. However, if you've seen "Rome", you know that HBO has no trouble weaving stories in completely different places into the show.
Back to top Go down
PyroMancer
Admin
Admin
PyroMancer

PostSubject: Re: HBO GREENLIGHTS GAME OF THRONES!   HBO GREENLIGHTS GAME OF THRONES! EmptyTue Mar 16, 2010 3:04 am

And, while each chapter is a new character, sometimes it's the same scene, or events immediately following the previous chapter, just from a different character's point of view.
Back to top Go down
Calwyn
Sidekick
Calwyn

PostSubject: Re: HBO GREENLIGHTS GAME OF THRONES!   HBO GREENLIGHTS GAME OF THRONES! EmptyTue Mar 16, 2010 4:37 am

PyroMancer wrote:
Well, I suppose I should say, "roughly the equivalent of" 3 chapters. I have no idea what format each episode will take. However, if you've seen "Rome", you know that HBO has no trouble weaving stories in completely different places into the show.

True, and thats not necessarily a bad thing either. Especially if one episode is an hour long.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: HBO GREENLIGHTS GAME OF THRONES!   HBO GREENLIGHTS GAME OF THRONES! Empty

Back to top Go down

HBO GREENLIGHTS GAME OF THRONES!
Page 1 of 1