The World Builders Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where creative thinkers come together to build worlds...

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Any star wars fans out there?

Go down 
+3
Professor X
Calwyn
kahrhoshe
7 posters
AuthorMessage
kahrhoshe
Minor Character

Any star wars fans out there? Empty
PostSubject: Any star wars fans out there?   Any star wars fans out there? EmptySun Apr 25, 2010 8:11 pm

If so,

I want to brag a bit.

I got to Alpha(or early beta) test SW:TOR (the upcoming bioware star wars mmo) and i have to say that, even for a hugely early game, its gonna be spectacular. I cant say much about the game itself(NDA signed and they said our input would change the face of the game) but if you know anything about the press releases and stuff, it definetly delivers on what they promise to bring to the MMO table. Just in the short week i played it, along with the 7 other testers, we pretty much fell in love with the game.

It was also nice to feel like your input REAAALLY mattered to people. We also got to have a round table discussion with some of the devs, project managers, sales heads and programmers. It was also nice to actually get PAID to play a game lol

I also got 6 free games, 2 of which were Mass Effect 2 and DRagon Age origins.

I can now see why people were falling all over themselves about DAO. Pretty kick ass game.

I also got BfBC2, which my gaming guild loves because now they have fresh meat to kill repeatedly lol

Need for speed Shift
Command and Conquer 4
and last but not least, a game i meant to buy when it was THE game to play but never did, Crysis, which also comes with all the xpansion packs.

Not to mention the 400 bucks i could really use in vegas next week.

LIfe is good right now Wink
Back to top Go down
Calwyn
Sidekick
Calwyn

PostSubject: Re: Any star wars fans out there?   Any star wars fans out there? EmptySun Apr 25, 2010 8:17 pm

Is Star Wars the one with Captain Kirk?
Back to top Go down
Professor X
Founder of the X-Men
Founder of the X-Men
Professor X

PostSubject: Re: Any star wars fans out there?   Any star wars fans out there? EmptySun Apr 25, 2010 8:51 pm

That is really cool kahrhoshe! Glad you are having fun!
Back to top Go down
http://www.worldbuildersguild.net/
BrassButtons
Primary Character
BrassButtons

PostSubject: Re: Any star wars fans out there?   Any star wars fans out there? EmptySun Apr 25, 2010 8:57 pm

I'm jealous Very Happy Glad to hear it's living up to the hype--a bioware star wars mmo really is about as epic as it gets.

Calwyn, that's negative 1000 geek points.
Back to top Go down
Calwyn
Sidekick
Calwyn

PostSubject: Re: Any star wars fans out there?   Any star wars fans out there? EmptySun Apr 25, 2010 9:24 pm

BrassButtons wrote:
Calwyn, that's negative 1000 geek points.

Not the one with Captain Kirk? Is it the one with Captain Peter Quincy Taggart?
Back to top Go down
kahrhoshe
Minor Character

PostSubject: Re: Any star wars fans out there?   Any star wars fans out there? EmptySun Apr 25, 2010 9:42 pm

No cal, not the one with kirk but funny you should say that as i am a lifetime subscriber to Star Trek Online.
Back to top Go down
lalib
Friendly Neighborhood Terrorist
Friendly Neighborhood Terrorist
lalib

PostSubject: Re: Any star wars fans out there?   Any star wars fans out there? EmptySun Apr 25, 2010 9:48 pm

Brian, I really hope that was an attempt at sarcasm or dry humor or something Smile

As for the op, Awesome!
Back to top Go down
Calwyn
Sidekick
Calwyn

PostSubject: Re: Any star wars fans out there?   Any star wars fans out there? EmptySun Apr 25, 2010 10:53 pm

Nice to see that one of you knows me well enough lalib Razz
Back to top Go down
Confessor Kahlan
Primary Character
Confessor Kahlan

PostSubject: Re: Any star wars fans out there?   Any star wars fans out there? EmptyMon Apr 26, 2010 7:34 am

I wouldn't say I'm a HUGE fan of Star Wars (apart from the original movies) but I certainly wouldn't have said no to the chance to test that game.
Back to top Go down
kahrhoshe
Minor Character

PostSubject: Re: Any star wars fans out there?   Any star wars fans out there? EmptyMon Apr 26, 2010 9:43 am

Confessor Kahlan wrote:
I wouldn't say I'm a HUGE fan of Star Wars (apart from the original movies) but I certainly wouldn't have said no to the chance to test that game.

Thats how i was going into this game. Not a go to the conventions dressed up fan, but an i liked the movies enough fan.

I think that, and my age(being older than most of the guys that showed up) is really what kept me there when they sent the 4 they didnt need in the beginning home. I think they needed a, not a huge fan/older guy, opinion and that was me! Wink

all they needed to complete our group really was a womans perspective, which they may have this week as they were doing 2 weeks of tests.
Back to top Go down
Deano
Secondary Character
Deano

PostSubject: Re: Any star wars fans out there?   Any star wars fans out there? EmptyMon Apr 26, 2010 4:14 pm

You lucky......*grumble*

Can't say I'm much of a Star Wars fan (vaguely recall the ending of the first movie, that's about it), but I'm a Bioware fan. I'd've done that for free, let alone getting paid and a swag bag.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Any star wars fans out there?   Any star wars fans out there? Empty

Back to top Go down

Any star wars fans out there?
Page 1 of 1