The World Builders Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where creative thinkers come together to build worlds...

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Confirmed!!

Go down 
+7
talonnolan
Sister of Darkness
Calwyn
Dinwar
BrassButtons
Deano
PyroMancer
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
PyroMancer
Admin
Admin
PyroMancer

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Confirmed!! Empty
PostSubject: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Confirmed!!   Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Confirmed!! EmptySun Dec 12, 2010 7:40 pm

Behold the glory...

SO PSYCHED!!!
Back to top Go down
Deano
Secondary Character
Deano

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Confirmed!!   Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Confirmed!! EmptyMon Dec 13, 2010 12:53 am

Oh hell yes.
Back to top Go down
BrassButtons
Primary Character
BrassButtons

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Confirmed!!   Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Confirmed!! EmptyMon Dec 13, 2010 1:36 am

Saw that yesterday, looks good. Of course, I've yet to finish any of the Elder Scrolls games...or even start some of them...

Too many games, too little time!
Back to top Go down
Dinwar
Primary Character

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Confirmed!!   Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Confirmed!! EmptyFri Jan 14, 2011 12:21 am

All I can say is "Thank the Nine they changed the damn leveling!"

It's rediculous to invade a shrine that's A PORTAL TO HELL and encounter only the weakest and most pathetic things Hell has to offer. It's equally rediculous to think that every bandit in the world has the best armor possible. It's variations in the world that make it interesting--the bugs and reptiles that'll kill you in Alabama are different than those in Ohio, which are different than those in California. And it's completely insane to think that if I invaded a Navy SEAL base that I'd have a chance to even breath twice before I died, much less survive. The whole Oblivion leveling system needs to die in fire. Great game, though. Very Happy

And dragons. What else needs to be said? DRAGONS.
Back to top Go down
Calwyn
Sidekick
Calwyn

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Confirmed!!   Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Confirmed!! EmptyFri Jan 14, 2011 1:39 am

AWESOME!

I've also heard rumours that they might include a co-op! Shocked
Back to top Go down
Deano
Secondary Character
Deano

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Confirmed!!   Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Confirmed!! EmptyFri Jan 14, 2011 3:13 am

Just in case anyone doesn't know, Game Informer's got a hub: http://www.gameinformer.com/p/esv.aspx
Back to top Go down
Sister of Darkness
Secondary Character
Sister of Darkness

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Confirmed!!   Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Confirmed!! EmptySat Jul 02, 2011 9:47 am

i could say here in good manners and do a review how much better it looks to oblivion and very good in graphic combat leveling system and all but that would be boring so i gonna say it like a child

I want it and i want it now! now now now!
Back to top Go down
Sister of Darkness
Secondary Character
Sister of Darkness

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Confirmed!!   Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Confirmed!! EmptySat Aug 13, 2011 8:03 pm

Its 3 months to go and i thought i could put up some screenshots!

and if they come out gigantic can someone shrink them Rolling Eyes
and in order argonian, redguard, woodelf, nord, orc
Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Confirmed!! 5fwsb5a04jsgt9748ry5e9uywn8votpz
Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Confirmed!! Lxisi92pcsh02ij4zo5ypy6vwlo5fdzy
Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Confirmed!! Hk42r2mmsze78kumkib0y5egs0swgwh8
Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Confirmed!! Xi1a0a60www188mgx0rowu916fpl5q4z
Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Confirmed!! Dfmxgjgncyq3ualstms73at3ttp1p5z8

yup gigantic..

Last edited by Sister of Darkness on Sat Aug 13, 2011 8:11 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : adding yup gigantic)
Back to top Go down
Dinwar
Primary Character

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Confirmed!!   Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Confirmed!! EmptySun Aug 14, 2011 12:34 am

I'm not sure I like the orc. It looks too.....human. Like a human with bad teeth. Which is sad, because I love the orc class (very intuitive for me: see thing, smash thing). And shouldn't the nord be blond?

Still, I want this game.... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sister of Darkness
Secondary Character
Sister of Darkness

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Confirmed!!   Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Confirmed!! EmptyMon Aug 15, 2011 3:44 pm

i saw a screenshot of an orc before that looked much better! will try find it Smile
But must say i really like the argonian(my favorites) it looks so much better then oblivion did simply beautiful

p.s is it just me that think the woodelfs head looks very tiny to his huge upperbody? Laughing

Last edited by Sister of Darkness on Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sister of Darkness
Secondary Character
Sister of Darkness

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Confirmed!!   Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Confirmed!! EmptyMon Aug 15, 2011 3:51 pm

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Confirmed!! Orcnig10
there we go he looks more orcish
Back to top Go down
Dinwar
Primary Character

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Confirmed!!   Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Confirmed!! EmptyMon Aug 15, 2011 8:24 pm

Yeah. That's DEFINITELY an orc! Very Happy The jagged blade and fallen tree make it that much better.

And the woodelf is standing at a weird angle. Plays tricks with your sense of proportion.
Back to top Go down
Sister of Darkness
Secondary Character
Sister of Darkness

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Confirmed!!   Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Confirmed!! EmptyWed Aug 31, 2011 12:42 pm

the khajiit looks better to
Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Confirmed!! The-el10Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Confirmed!! The-el11
and another orc for you Dinwar, havent found one of a female orc yet though..and that haircut seems popular around the orcs..
Back to top Go down
PyroMancer
Admin
Admin
PyroMancer

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Confirmed!!   Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Confirmed!! EmptyFri Sep 02, 2011 2:43 am

Wow... November can not come soon enough...
Back to top Go down
Dinwar
Primary Character

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Confirmed!!   Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Confirmed!! EmptyFri Sep 02, 2011 5:00 pm

They've managed to make the Khajiit look like something other than Snarf. I'm impressed. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Calwyn
Sidekick
Calwyn

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Confirmed!!   Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Confirmed!! EmptySat Sep 03, 2011 12:15 am

I want
Back to top Go down
Dinwar
Primary Character

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Confirmed!!   Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Confirmed!! EmptySat Sep 03, 2011 3:07 am

There's a few things I'm hoping for in this game:

1) Better difficulty. Like, variation in difficulty. Some areas are low-level, some high.

2) Side quests that actually matter. It's always annoyed me that portals to Oblivion could open in Oblivion, or this whole secret sect could rise up in Morrowind, and nothing would change. The dialog may be a little different, but the world wouldn't notice on the whole. I mean, I once saw two people standing more or less NEXT TO an Oblivion gate chatting about how much they hated mud crabs!

3) Dungeon variation. The ruins make sense--there's a certain similarity to the buildings from any culture. But I've seen a lot of caves. They're VERY unique.

4) Better home options. I love being able to buy homes in Oblivion--it really makes you feel like part of the world (and this would be a great way to have actions affect the game--simply charge less at shops where you own a home, or have the people in that town like you more as you spend more time there). Unfortunately, you can't set them up the way you want. All you can do is put some stuff in boxes. In particular, I want to be able to display my trophies.

I'll probably think of more, but that's my wish list as it stands now. Probably never happen, but [Farnsworth] A man can dream, though. A man can dream. [/Farnsworth[
Back to top Go down
PyroMancer
Admin
Admin
PyroMancer

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Confirmed!!   Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Confirmed!! EmptySat Sep 03, 2011 1:05 pm

MORE FACTIONS!

Oblivion really lacked in this area in my opinion. In Morrowind, along with the standard Guilds, there were competing Houses you could choose from. The same thing may not have made sense in Oblivion's setting, but there was certainly room for more factions. That said, the Dark Brotherhood quest line was fricken amazing. ALL of the quest lines should be more like that.
Back to top Go down
Sister of Darkness
Secondary Character
Sister of Darkness

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Confirmed!!   Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Confirmed!! EmptySat Sep 03, 2011 1:32 pm

Love the Dark brotherhood to and luckily its confirmed they will be back in skyrim woohoo! i do hope i will get more skintight black leather armor HAHA! ..mmmm skintight leather....

one thing i hope get changed is that not the whole place's enemies changes with your lvl it was quite annoing goin in to a cave which would have rats wolfs and bears in it on a certain lvl then some lvls higher you had deadra things and the nastiest ghosts ever cursing you. Or a road from a city that just had crabs coming to pinch you you will instead have a land drough trying eat you alive Neutral
Back to top Go down
Deano
Secondary Character
Deano

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Confirmed!!   Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Confirmed!! EmptySat Sep 03, 2011 1:38 pm

Dinwar wrote:
4) Better home options. I love being able to buy homes in Oblivion--it really makes you feel like part of the world (and this would be a great way to have actions affect the game--simply charge less at shops where you own a home, or have the people in that town like you more as you spend more time there). Unfortunately, you can't set them up the way you want. All you can do is put some stuff in boxes. In particular, I want to be able to display my trophies.

True enough, but there are a few mods out there for the PC that help considerably. If I remember right, I downloaded one that lets you move the static furniture (beds, tables, etc...) around with the grab button like anything else. I'll see if I can find the link for those if anyone's interested, though this close to Skyrim's release I wonder how many are still playing Oblivion.....
Back to top Go down
PyroMancer
Admin
Admin
PyroMancer

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Confirmed!!   Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Confirmed!! EmptySun Sep 04, 2011 12:16 am

So, just saw the E3 video from June. Holy HELL!

14 minutes of beauty. So much new stuff! Howard does say enemies are more randomized now, during the video. LOVE the character customization concept.. The dragons... wow... And the leveling system is interesting as well. A mix of Oblivion and like... Diablo-esque skill trees.

The ONLY thing I'm unsure of is the kill animations. Assassin's Creed is full of them, and they're annoying after a while, cause they slow the action down. But they seem pretty quick in Skyrim, so I'll reserve judgement.

Back to top Go down
talonnolan
Shard Bearer
Shard Bearer
talonnolan

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Confirmed!!   Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Confirmed!! EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 3:26 am

Release date is today. I have friends playing at this very moment. Ugh... how i wish i was. LOL.
Back to top Go down
Calwyn
Sidekick
Calwyn

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Confirmed!!   Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Confirmed!! EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 8:09 pm

I SHOULD be playing Skyrim right now (well, when I'm not at work) god dammit! But my god damn computer decided it would fuck up a few days before the release, and I still haven't been able to figure out what's wrong with it! Mad
Back to top Go down
RainCloud
Primary Character

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Confirmed!!   Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Confirmed!! EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 11:28 pm

My friend and I have both lost our men to Skyrim x.x We didn't get a midnight release out here in Hawaii (bull.). It does look awesome though!!
Back to top Go down
Memnoch
Secondary Character
Memnoch

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Confirmed!!   Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Confirmed!! EmptyThu Nov 17, 2011 3:12 pm

It's good, waned a little mid-game looking forward to the photo-finish.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Confirmed!!   Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Confirmed!! Empty

Back to top Go down

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Confirmed!!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next