The World Builders Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where creative thinkers come together to build worlds...

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Name of the Wind [Patrick Rothfuss] - non-spoilerish

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
rainshadow
Compulsive Writer
Compulsive Writer
rainshadow

The Name of the Wind [Patrick Rothfuss] - non-spoilerish Empty
PostSubject: The Name of the Wind [Patrick Rothfuss] - non-spoilerish   The Name of the Wind [Patrick Rothfuss] - non-spoilerish EmptyMon Dec 13, 2010 7:55 pm

Had a chance to read this book while I was away from my digital home... Saw Patrick Rothfuss with Brian at Comic-Con and was intrigued, so I picked up his book... and let's just say I was completely blown away. In my opinion among the best fantasy novels out there. If the guy ever puts out multiple books, he's going to have his name mentioned with all the big dogs: Jordan, Martin, Goodkind... Excellent debut novel.
Back to top Go down
https://worldbuildersguild.rpg-board.net
Calwyn
Sidekick
Calwyn

PostSubject: Re: The Name of the Wind [Patrick Rothfuss] - non-spoilerish   The Name of the Wind [Patrick Rothfuss] - non-spoilerish EmptyMon Dec 13, 2010 8:16 pm

I'll second that. I've been doing a lot of reading since Comic Con, and Rothfuss is on that list. His new book is due to come out in February or March Very Happy

Also, I believe Peter Brett was also on that panel. I've read his two books, the Warded Man and its follow up Desert Spear. Both good stories, I recommend them to the new returnee Wink
Back to top Go down
PyroMancer
Admin
Admin
PyroMancer

PostSubject: Re: The Name of the Wind [Patrick Rothfuss] - non-spoilerish   The Name of the Wind [Patrick Rothfuss] - non-spoilerish EmptyMon Dec 13, 2010 11:09 pm

I also happened to pick this book up, though it had nothing to do with Comic-Con, sorry. Lol.

Loved the shit out of it. Easily the best debut novel since Lies of Locke Lamora, and that's saying a lot.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Name of the Wind [Patrick Rothfuss] - non-spoilerish   The Name of the Wind [Patrick Rothfuss] - non-spoilerish Empty

Back to top Go down

The Name of the Wind [Patrick Rothfuss] - non-spoilerish
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The World Builders Guild :: General Discussion Forums :: Entertainment Drabble :: Books & Literature-
Jump to: