The World Builders Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where creative thinkers come together to build worlds...

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

BBC Documentaries

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
ForeverCrimson
Minor Character
ForeverCrimson

BBC Documentaries  Empty
PostSubject: BBC Documentaries    BBC Documentaries  EmptyWed Jun 22, 2011 5:38 am

I just wondered if out in the states you guys have access to any BBC shows? Because they've just done two amazing documentaries that I think I should share!

The first was by author Terry Pratchett called 'Choosing to Die'. It was about him looking at assisted suicide and his own decisions about his future (as he has Alzheimer's). It was very difficult to watch, especially as you meet two wonderful people who are travelling to Switzerland in order to die and yes, you do follow one of them right to the end, but it really was an amazing documentary. Definitely provoked thought. And tears.

The other documentary was a three-part series about the war in Afghanistan called 'Our War'. Over the 10 years of fighting out there, British soldiers have filmed their experiences and now the MOD and the soldiers have given permission for the footage to be broadcast. It's telling the stories of the war from a very personal perspective. There's a lot of humour, but also it really does show what these guys have to face every day. I've seen a lot of American stuff about the wars, and the difference in attitudes between British and American soldiers is just massive. I can't even explain it.

If you guys can get hold of either of these documentaries I'd really recommend them.
Back to top Go down
rainshadow
Compulsive Writer
Compulsive Writer
rainshadow

BBC Documentaries  Empty
PostSubject: Re: BBC Documentaries    BBC Documentaries  EmptyWed Jun 22, 2011 8:19 am

We have BBC America so it wouldn't surprise me if they were broadcast here.
Back to top Go down
https://worldbuildersguild.rpg-board.net
Confessor Kahlan
Primary Character
Confessor Kahlan

BBC Documentaries  Empty
PostSubject: Re: BBC Documentaries    BBC Documentaries  EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 7:19 am

I meant to watch the Terry Pratchett one but forgot all about it. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

BBC Documentaries  Empty
PostSubject: Re: BBC Documentaries    BBC Documentaries  Empty

Back to top Go down

BBC Documentaries
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The World Builders Guild :: General Discussion Forums :: Entertainment Drabble :: Television-
Jump to: