The World Builders Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where creative thinkers come together to build worlds...

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

How much do we want to have read for when we begin our discussions?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
rainshadow
Compulsive Writer
Compulsive Writer
rainshadow

How much do we want to have read for when we begin our discussions? Empty
PostSubject: How much do we want to have read for when we begin our discussions?   How much do we want to have read for when we begin our discussions? EmptySat Jan 02, 2010 2:35 pm

I know we are going at our own pace individually, but it would at least be a good idea to have an idea of what to shoot for in order to hold conversations everyone would be able to follow and also to avoid spoilers.

Game of Thrones - I think I can get through the first three chapters by the 11th.

The Eyes of the Dragon - I will shoot for 3 chapters here, as well.

I'm a pretty slow reader, fwiw, plus I'm a busy rainshadow. Now that doesn't mean I couldn't adjust my pace to keep up with everyone, or to let everyone keep up with me.
Back to top Go down
https://worldbuildersguild.rpg-board.net
Professor X
Founder of the X-Men
Founder of the X-Men
Professor X

PostSubject: Re: How much do we want to have read for when we begin our discussions?   How much do we want to have read for when we begin our discussions? EmptySat Jan 02, 2010 8:37 pm

I can do 3 Chapters by the 11th as well for AGoT, I think.
Back to top Go down
http://www.worldbuildersguild.net/
rainshadow
Compulsive Writer
Compulsive Writer
rainshadow

PostSubject: Re: How much do we want to have read for when we begin our discussions?   How much do we want to have read for when we begin our discussions? EmptySat Jan 02, 2010 9:21 pm

I'd forgotten how short the chapters of EotD are... I'm 25 pages in, which is already 7 chapters. I'm going to shoot for chapter 17 instead of just three chapters.
Back to top Go down
PyroMancer
Admin
Admin
PyroMancer

PostSubject: Re: How much do we want to have read for when we begin our discussions?   How much do we want to have read for when we begin our discussions? EmptySun Jan 03, 2010 4:08 pm

I have no preference. I've read a Game of Thrones enough that even if I fall behind on my re-read I can still discuss it. 3 Chapters sounds doable though. I presume we're including the prologue in that? Because the prologue is kind of awesome.
Back to top Go down
Nicci
rainshadow's girl
Nicci

PostSubject: Re: How much do we want to have read for when we begin our discussions?   How much do we want to have read for when we begin our discussions? EmptySun Jan 03, 2010 10:34 pm

Three chapters sounds fine to me.
Back to top Go down
rainshadow
Compulsive Writer
Compulsive Writer
rainshadow

PostSubject: Re: How much do we want to have read for when we begin our discussions?   How much do we want to have read for when we begin our discussions? EmptyMon Jan 04, 2010 5:33 am

Nicci wrote:
Three chapters sounds fine to me.
If you read EotD, you'll be disappointed with deciding on three chapters. Wink

For AGoT, yeah, 3 or 4 chapters is about right.
Back to top Go down
Nicci
rainshadow's girl
Nicci

PostSubject: Re: How much do we want to have read for when we begin our discussions?   How much do we want to have read for when we begin our discussions? EmptyMon Jan 04, 2010 11:37 pm

I'll probably just read EotD in full on my flight home.
Back to top Go down
Professor X
Founder of the X-Men
Founder of the X-Men
Professor X

PostSubject: Re: How much do we want to have read for when we begin our discussions?   How much do we want to have read for when we begin our discussions? EmptyTue Jan 05, 2010 3:39 pm

Well, if you include the prologue, then I have finished my reading. If not, then I have another chapter to go!
Back to top Go down
http://www.worldbuildersguild.net/
rainshadow
Compulsive Writer
Compulsive Writer
rainshadow

PostSubject: Re: How much do we want to have read for when we begin our discussions?   How much do we want to have read for when we begin our discussions? EmptyWed Jan 06, 2010 1:14 am

PyroMancer wrote:
I have no preference. I've read a Game of Thrones enough that even if I fall behind on my re-read I can still discuss it. 3 Chapters sounds doable though. I presume we're including the prologue in that? Because the prologue is kind of awesome.
Whatever you do, don't read the prologue. How much do we want to have read for when we begin our discussions? Icon_razz

I'm reminded of Roxanne:

You can't have people, if their houses are burning down, saying, 'Whatever you do, don't call the fire department!' That would be bad.

Yes, read the prologue, by all means. Plus the first three chapters, following the prologue. How much do we want to have read for when we begin our discussions? Icon_wink
Back to top Go down
talonnolan
Shard Bearer
Shard Bearer
talonnolan

PostSubject: Re: How much do we want to have read for when we begin our discussions?   How much do we want to have read for when we begin our discussions? EmptyWed Jan 06, 2010 3:36 am

rainshadow wrote:

I'm reminded of Roxanne:

You can't have people, if their houses are burning down, saying, 'Whatever you do, don't call the fire department!' That would be bad.

RS you just went up a giant notch of awesomeness. I love Roxanne, one of the movies i used to watch with my dad all the time that i still love today.

I need to get to reading.
Back to top Go down
rainshadow
Compulsive Writer
Compulsive Writer
rainshadow

PostSubject: Re: How much do we want to have read for when we begin our discussions?   How much do we want to have read for when we begin our discussions? EmptyWed Jan 06, 2010 4:44 am

Easily Steve Martin's best flick. Of course, he's made horrible choices for movie roles, so that's not saying a lot, but at the same time, Roxanne is easily my favorite chick flick.

I'm going to start reading AGoT tonight and join in on the conversation when I can.

I FINALLY get an off day...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How much do we want to have read for when we begin our discussions?   How much do we want to have read for when we begin our discussions? Empty

Back to top Go down

How much do we want to have read for when we begin our discussions?
Page 1 of 1