The World Builders Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where creative thinkers come together to build worlds...

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

WE ARE LEAVING YOU

Go down 
+10
Dinwar
fogofwar
PyroMancer
Nicci
talonnolan
Confessor Kahlan
Epiphany
Professor X
Calwyn
rainshadow
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
rainshadow
Compulsive Writer
Compulsive Writer
rainshadow

WE ARE LEAVING YOU Empty
PostSubject: WE ARE LEAVING YOU   WE ARE LEAVING YOU EmptySun Jul 18, 2010 6:10 pm

The WBG administration staff as well as Calwyn are going to be making a little trip to California. We are attending this weeks Comic-Con in San Diego and therefore won't be as active on the site for about a week. We will still pop in from time to time just to make sure everything's running smoothly, and quite possibly update you all on our trip.

There will be pictures and stories to be shared when we find our way back! That I can promise you!

Just a few reminder:

The July 2010 contest is underway (see details in the Competitive Spirit forum at the top of the main index). Contest ends on July 31 at 11:59 p.m. I'd suggest you enter; Confessor Kahlan is getting a $25 gift card from Amazon simply for submitting the only entrant back in May. (You'll get that card in August, CK.)
Back to top Go down
https://worldbuildersguild.rpg-board.net
Calwyn
Sidekick
Calwyn

WE ARE LEAVING YOU Empty
PostSubject: Re: WE ARE LEAVING YOU   WE ARE LEAVING YOU EmptySun Jul 18, 2010 7:48 pm

rainshadow wrote:
The WBG administration staff as well as Calwyn are going to be making a little trip to California.

I got special mention because I'm special! WE ARE LEAVING YOU Icon_biggrin
Back to top Go down
rainshadow
Compulsive Writer
Compulsive Writer
rainshadow

WE ARE LEAVING YOU Empty
PostSubject: Re: WE ARE LEAVING YOU   WE ARE LEAVING YOU EmptySun Jul 18, 2010 9:45 pm

You got a special mention because you're "special" all right. (Run, DuDZie, run!)
Back to top Go down
Professor X
Founder of the X-Men
Founder of the X-Men
Professor X

WE ARE LEAVING YOU Empty
PostSubject: Re: WE ARE LEAVING YOU   WE ARE LEAVING YOU EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 12:21 am

"My dear World Builders Guild members. Today is a special day. Alas, is has been far too short a time to live among such excellent and admirable Guilders. I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve. I, uh, I h-have things to do. I regret to announce — this is The End. I am going now. I bid you all a very fond farewell. Goodbye."

Peace!

P.S.: See you in a week!

Last edited by Professor X on Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.worldbuildersguild.net/
rainshadow
Compulsive Writer
Compulsive Writer
rainshadow

WE ARE LEAVING YOU Empty
PostSubject: Re: WE ARE LEAVING YOU   WE ARE LEAVING YOU EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 12:30 am

Sad to see the shortened version, Steve... Wish the movie would have included the long book version in the extended editions. Wink
Back to top Go down
Professor X
Founder of the X-Men
Founder of the X-Men
Professor X

WE ARE LEAVING YOU Empty
PostSubject: Re: WE ARE LEAVING YOU   WE ARE LEAVING YOU EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 2:06 am

I Concur!
Back to top Go down
Calwyn
Sidekick
Calwyn

WE ARE LEAVING YOU Empty
PostSubject: Re: WE ARE LEAVING YOU   WE ARE LEAVING YOU EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 2:35 am

HOLY FUCK I JUST FOUND OUT THAT BRANDON SANDERSON MIGHT BE SELLING/GIVING AWAY LIMITED COPIES OF HIS NEW BOOK A MONTH BEFORE ITS PUBLIC RELEASE DATE EITHER AT HIS SIGNING SESSION OR ANOTHER SIGNING SESSION AT A BOOKSTORE ON THE SUNDAY!!!!!

OMG I WAAAAAAAAAAANT!!
Back to top Go down
rainshadow
Compulsive Writer
Compulsive Writer
rainshadow

WE ARE LEAVING YOU Empty
PostSubject: Re: WE ARE LEAVING YOU   WE ARE LEAVING YOU EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 2:43 am

Hey look, Steve... Brian is spazzing too.
Back to top Go down
Professor X
Founder of the X-Men
Founder of the X-Men
Professor X

WE ARE LEAVING YOU Empty
PostSubject: Re: WE ARE LEAVING YOU   WE ARE LEAVING YOU EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 2:45 am

hmmm... Fanboy reaction for sure!

lol!
Back to top Go down
Epiphany
Minor Character

WE ARE LEAVING YOU Empty
PostSubject: Re: WE ARE LEAVING YOU   WE ARE LEAVING YOU EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 5:29 pm

Hope to catch up with you all there. We're leaving early in the morning.
Back to top Go down
Confessor Kahlan
Primary Character
Confessor Kahlan

WE ARE LEAVING YOU Empty
PostSubject: Re: WE ARE LEAVING YOU   WE ARE LEAVING YOU EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 10:43 am

rainshadow wrote:

Confessor Kahlan is getting a $25 gift card from Amazon simply for submitting the only entrant back in May. (You'll get that card in August, CK.)

Thank you. WE ARE LEAVING YOU Icon_biggrin

And have a great time at the con, everyone.
Back to top Go down
talonnolan
Shard Bearer
Shard Bearer
talonnolan

WE ARE LEAVING YOU Empty
PostSubject: Re: WE ARE LEAVING YOU   WE ARE LEAVING YOU EmptySat Jul 24, 2010 12:14 pm

I've had a great time at the con so far. All the WBG crew is amazing. And we've been hanging with ForeverCrimson whom is wonderful.

My brother and I got into the Big Bang Theory panel yesterday and it was awesome. Bare naked ladies even stopped by and sang the theme song.

Green Lantern, Thor, Captain America and Kevin Smith are on the plans for today!

REMEMBER THE JULY CONTEST ENDS SOON!
Back to top Go down
Nicci
rainshadow's girl
Nicci

WE ARE LEAVING YOU Empty
PostSubject: Re: WE ARE LEAVING YOU   WE ARE LEAVING YOU EmptyFri Jul 30, 2010 1:16 pm

I miss you all! Hope I can go on your trip next year
Back to top Go down
rainshadow
Compulsive Writer
Compulsive Writer
rainshadow

WE ARE LEAVING YOU Empty
PostSubject: Re: WE ARE LEAVING YOU   WE ARE LEAVING YOU EmptyFri Jul 30, 2010 3:51 pm

I think we're all of like minds in that we want to do something more affordable next year. Destinations are obviously still in question.

I'd kinda like to see the Seattle area; a friend suggested Portland, Oregon, yesterday. We'll see.
Back to top Go down
talonnolan
Shard Bearer
Shard Bearer
talonnolan

WE ARE LEAVING YOU Empty
PostSubject: Re: WE ARE LEAVING YOU   WE ARE LEAVING YOU EmptyFri Jul 30, 2010 7:01 pm

Oh come on rs. This trip was "affordable". Other wise no one would of been able to be there. Smile
Back to top Go down
PyroMancer
Admin
Admin
PyroMancer

WE ARE LEAVING YOU Empty
PostSubject: Re: WE ARE LEAVING YOU   WE ARE LEAVING YOU EmptyFri Jul 30, 2010 9:14 pm

Portland is my favorite city in the world. Hands down. Seattle is cool too though. Space Needle is nifty. But Portland has Powell's. Portland wins.
Back to top Go down
rainshadow
Compulsive Writer
Compulsive Writer
rainshadow

WE ARE LEAVING YOU Empty
PostSubject: Re: WE ARE LEAVING YOU   WE ARE LEAVING YOU EmptyFri Jul 30, 2010 10:34 pm

I'm not going to say no to CC again yet, Peter, but I'm still leaning toward something else. Obviously, I could probably be pretty easily swayed to return to San Diego.
Back to top Go down
fogofwar
Secondary Character
fogofwar

WE ARE LEAVING YOU Empty
PostSubject: Re: WE ARE LEAVING YOU   WE ARE LEAVING YOU EmptyFri Jul 30, 2010 11:16 pm

I vote for Dubai. I have a friend who can hook us up there.
Back to top Go down
rainshadow
Compulsive Writer
Compulsive Writer
rainshadow

WE ARE LEAVING YOU Empty
PostSubject: Re: WE ARE LEAVING YOU   WE ARE LEAVING YOU EmptySat Jul 31, 2010 12:00 am

Dubai? :: makes a mad dash for Google ::

No thanks. I have higher priorities in a vacation than getting my butt blown off. Like, you know, NOT getting my butt blown off.

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
talonnolan
Shard Bearer
Shard Bearer
talonnolan

WE ARE LEAVING YOU Empty
PostSubject: Re: WE ARE LEAVING YOU   WE ARE LEAVING YOU EmptySat Jul 31, 2010 1:15 am

rainshadow wrote:
I'm not going to say no to CC again yet, Peter, but I'm still leaning toward something else. Obviously, I could probably be pretty easily swayed to return to San Diego.

I know. I was teasing. I wasn't saying we need to go to comic-con again.

If I move, like i want to, i have no idea if I'll be in a place in my life that I'll be able to go to comic-con again next year.
Back to top Go down
rainshadow
Compulsive Writer
Compulsive Writer
rainshadow

WE ARE LEAVING YOU Empty
PostSubject: Re: WE ARE LEAVING YOU   WE ARE LEAVING YOU EmptySat Jul 31, 2010 2:18 am

I can dig it.
Back to top Go down
Dinwar
Primary Character

WE ARE LEAVING YOU Empty
PostSubject: Re: WE ARE LEAVING YOU   WE ARE LEAVING YOU EmptySat Jul 31, 2010 12:58 pm

There's always GSA. Though you'll have to wait 2 years for that--it's in Denver this year, and that's the one you want to go to. Well, if you enjoy a week of nothing but drinking, looking at rocks, and discussing in nuances of diversity curves and ecosystem stability when perturbed by bolides (or, if it's more your flavor, the stress/strain rates of various orogenies as demonstrated by inclusion deformation and microfabric in igneous intrusive bodies). Very Happy

Dragon*Con always sounds fun, though I never had a chance to go. It's in Atlanta.
Back to top Go down
talonnolan
Shard Bearer
Shard Bearer
talonnolan

WE ARE LEAVING YOU Empty
PostSubject: Re: WE ARE LEAVING YOU   WE ARE LEAVING YOU EmptySat Jul 31, 2010 5:55 pm

Dragon con is on my shit list.

As for the other stuff you said Dinwar... huh?
Back to top Go down
PyroMancer
Admin
Admin
PyroMancer

WE ARE LEAVING YOU Empty
PostSubject: Re: WE ARE LEAVING YOU   WE ARE LEAVING YOU EmptySat Jul 31, 2010 8:26 pm

Quote :
Well, if you enjoy a week of nothing but drinking vodka on the rocks, and discussing in nuances of diversity of curves amongst the ladies in the area (or, if it's more your flavor, the back and forth of various orgies)...

Maybe I misread that, but... Where do I sign up?
Back to top Go down
Dinwar
Primary Character

WE ARE LEAVING YOU Empty
PostSubject: Re: WE ARE LEAVING YOU   WE ARE LEAVING YOU EmptySat Jul 31, 2010 8:43 pm

That was kinda the point. GSA is a geology convention, focusing on technical talks (officially) and heavy drinking (semi-officially). Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

WE ARE LEAVING YOU Empty
PostSubject: Re: WE ARE LEAVING YOU   WE ARE LEAVING YOU Empty

Back to top Go down

WE ARE LEAVING YOU
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next