The World Builders Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where creative thinkers come together to build worlds...

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

WE ARE LEAVING YOU

Go down 
+10
Dinwar
fogofwar
PyroMancer
Nicci
talonnolan
Confessor Kahlan
Epiphany
Professor X
Calwyn
rainshadow
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
talonnolan
Shard Bearer
Shard Bearer
talonnolan

WE ARE LEAVING YOU - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: WE ARE LEAVING YOU   WE ARE LEAVING YOU - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 31, 2010 8:54 pm

Oh, you mean I wasn't supposed to understand any of that? Well okay then.
Back to top Go down
rainshadow
Compulsive Writer
Compulsive Writer
rainshadow

PostSubject: Re: WE ARE LEAVING YOU   WE ARE LEAVING YOU - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 01, 2010 3:04 am

PyroMancer wrote:
Quote :
Well, if you enjoy a week of nothing but drinking vodka on the rocks, and discussing in nuances of diversity of curves amongst the ladies in the area (or, if it's more your flavor, the back and forth of various orgies)...

Maybe I misread that, but... Where do I sign up?

Dudes, this is the post of the decade, hands down.
Back to top Go down
https://worldbuildersguild.rpg-board.net
Epiphany
Minor Character

PostSubject: Re: WE ARE LEAVING YOU   WE ARE LEAVING YOU - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 01, 2010 3:41 pm

We had a great time at CC but next year we're going for a more laid back vacation so we're going to Yellowstone for a week.
Back to top Go down
Professor X
Founder of the X-Men
Founder of the X-Men
Professor X

PostSubject: Re: WE ARE LEAVING YOU   WE ARE LEAVING YOU - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 01, 2010 5:54 pm

That sounds fun actually!
Back to top Go down
http://www.worldbuildersguild.net/
rainshadow
Compulsive Writer
Compulsive Writer
rainshadow

PostSubject: Re: WE ARE LEAVING YOU   WE ARE LEAVING YOU - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 3:50 pm

I kinda considered suggesting something like Yellowstone, too.
Back to top Go down
Epiphany
Minor Character

PostSubject: Re: WE ARE LEAVING YOU   WE ARE LEAVING YOU - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 5:24 pm

We'll be going sometime in June, I just need to set the week for it.
Back to top Go down
PyroMancer
Admin
Admin
PyroMancer

PostSubject: Re: WE ARE LEAVING YOU   WE ARE LEAVING YOU - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 5:51 pm

I just watched 2012 last night. Lets... not go to Yellowstone. Razz
Just kidding. Could be fun.
Back to top Go down
Calwyn
Sidekick
Calwyn

PostSubject: Re: WE ARE LEAVING YOU   WE ARE LEAVING YOU - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 7:03 pm

Well let me know the details. Sometime next summer I'm planning a trip to Iceland for a couple of weeks, so I'll try to make sure to avoid conflicting schedules. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Dinwar
Primary Character

PostSubject: Re: WE ARE LEAVING YOU   WE ARE LEAVING YOU - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 8:12 pm

Let me know as well. Yellowstone is one of the places I've always wanted to go. Though the place scares the crap out of me....I remember Dad telling me that it rose 8 inches a few years back (on a trip home), and my mom asked if I was okay, because I just turned white. I had to explain just what would happen if Yellowstone decided to go boom. WE ARE LEAVING YOU - Page 2 Affraid
Back to top Go down
rainshadow
Compulsive Writer
Compulsive Writer
rainshadow

PostSubject: Re: WE ARE LEAVING YOU   WE ARE LEAVING YOU - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 9:28 pm

WBG Goes Wild? (Kinda like Survivorman Very Happy)
Back to top Go down
PyroMancer
Admin
Admin
PyroMancer

PostSubject: Re: WE ARE LEAVING YOU   WE ARE LEAVING YOU - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 11:06 pm

We can make a mocumentary. lmao. One of us will be the "survivor" and everyone else the crew, all of whom find their way on camera despite the director's best efforts. Haha.
Back to top Go down
rainshadow
Compulsive Writer
Compulsive Writer
rainshadow

PostSubject: Re: WE ARE LEAVING YOU   WE ARE LEAVING YOU - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 1:16 pm

The Cracked Nuts Project
Back to top Go down
talonnolan
Shard Bearer
Shard Bearer
talonnolan

PostSubject: Re: WE ARE LEAVING YOU   WE ARE LEAVING YOU - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 6:22 pm

I'd contribute to this if I knew what my next year is going to bring. Unfortunately and kind of excitedly, I don't know.

I am not opposed to Yellowstone though. If I'm able to go, I would happily. I'm sure it would be awesome.
Back to top Go down
Dinwar
Primary Character

PostSubject: Re: WE ARE LEAVING YOU   WE ARE LEAVING YOU - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 7:08 pm

I like the idea. I'm just not sure how I'd fit in. I can guarantee you I'll have a Brunton on one hip, a rock hammer on the other, and a topo map in my hand at least half the time. Smile Perhaps "Technical Advisor"?
Back to top Go down
PyroMancer
Admin
Admin
PyroMancer

PostSubject: Re: WE ARE LEAVING YOU   WE ARE LEAVING YOU - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 7:36 pm

This shit is gonna happen. You can be some random guy we meet along the way, and makes our survivor look like a moron. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Dinwar
Primary Character

PostSubject: Re: WE ARE LEAVING YOU   WE ARE LEAVING YOU - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 9:51 pm

"How long have you been out here?"

"Two hours, man! You don't know how hard this is!!"

::blink Very Happy
Back to top Go down
omnilord
Minor Character
omnilord

PostSubject: Re: WE ARE LEAVING YOU   WE ARE LEAVING YOU - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 10:01 pm

Will this turn into a Blair Witch Project knock-off done right?

The Haunted Archeologist of Yellowstone?

...We were supposed to stop in Yellowstone when my family drove from Pennsylvania to Alaska...Wyoming...was not kind to us...we nicknamed Wyoming "The home of the Twilight Zone."

We never got to Yellowstone because of all the automotive trouble we had starting as soon as we crossed the border, until we forcefully crossed the other border (Wyoming would not let us leave any other way!).

If anyone has some anti-Twilight Zone spray, I'll come Razz
Back to top Go down
RainCloud
Primary Character

PostSubject: Re: WE ARE LEAVING YOU   WE ARE LEAVING YOU - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 4:01 am

I wanna go too! I love camping and backpacking (although I'm better at backpacking, even if I do walk slow, and I haven't been camping in years). I should have the 2nd half of next summer off. Or the first half, depending on what I feel like.

omnilord wrote:

We never got to Yellowstone because of all the automotive trouble we had starting as soon as we crossed the border, until we forcefully crossed the other border (Wyoming would not let us leave any other way!).

I hear ya there. We got as far as the entrance of Yellowstone but the roads were closed. 2 or 3 times. Fail haha
Back to top Go down
Epiphany
Minor Character

PostSubject: Re: WE ARE LEAVING YOU   WE ARE LEAVING YOU - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 7:34 am

We are planning our trip for June 11 to the 19. We will be renting a cabin in the West Yellowstone KOA. It's five miles from the west entrance to the park. We have done this several times and it always works out well. Yellowstone is only about a five hour drive from our house.
Back to top Go down
Dinwar
Primary Character

PostSubject: Re: WE ARE LEAVING YOU   WE ARE LEAVING YOU - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 10:00 pm

I learned in Field Camp that slower is better in hiking. The ones that go as fast as possible always ended up missing things. Like thrust faults.
Back to top Go down
RainCloud
Primary Character

PostSubject: Re: WE ARE LEAVING YOU   WE ARE LEAVING YOU - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 10:28 pm

Dinwar wrote:
I learned in Field Camp that slower is better in hiking. The ones that go as fast as possible always ended up missing things. Like thrust faults.

a) What's a thrust fault?

b) Daw, thanks Very Happy I agree, slower is better. The few chances I get to see around me, the view is spectacular and I like to enjoy that. I usually go with 16 year old boys, though, so they're already done with dinner by the time I make it to camp haha
Back to top Go down
Calwyn
Sidekick
Calwyn

PostSubject: Re: WE ARE LEAVING YOU   WE ARE LEAVING YOU - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 10:31 pm

As someone who hiked across two countries, 1005 km, over two months... I concur. Hiking is all about pace, not about speed.
Back to top Go down
Confessor Kahlan
Primary Character
Confessor Kahlan

PostSubject: Re: WE ARE LEAVING YOU   WE ARE LEAVING YOU - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 05, 2010 12:33 pm

Dinwar wrote:

True. As well as that, it's all about the experience and not just getting from A to B. You need to take time to admire the scenery.
Back to top Go down
carnage rahl
Primary Character
carnage rahl

PostSubject: Re: WE ARE LEAVING YOU   WE ARE LEAVING YOU - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 02, 2010 10:22 pm

the yellowstone jokes are killing me lol
Back to top Go down
Confessor Kahlan
Primary Character
Confessor Kahlan

PostSubject: Re: WE ARE LEAVING YOU   WE ARE LEAVING YOU - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 04, 2010 7:16 am

Speaking of Yellowstone, my dad told me a story of a table quiz he went to once with some work colleagues. One of the questions in the quiz was "Where in the USA is the geyser known as Old Faithful?" Of course, my dad and his group wrote down Yellowstone National Park on their answer form (as did everyone else that was taking part).

When it came time for the quiz master to check the answer sheets, he said that everyone had got that particular answer wrong. He wouldn't listen to any of the protests from the contestants who were quite obviously correct. He turned to them all and said. "Old Faithful is NOT in Yellowstone National Park. It's in JELLYstone National Park." (And he was quite serious Rolling Eyes )
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WE ARE LEAVING YOU   WE ARE LEAVING YOU - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

WE ARE LEAVING YOU
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next