The World Builders Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where creative thinkers come together to build worlds...

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Game of Thrones

Go down 
+9
talonnolan
fogofwar
Dinwar
IMagius
ForeverCrimson
Confessor Kahlan
PyroMancer
Calwyn
RainCloud
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
talonnolan
Shard Bearer
Shard Bearer
talonnolan

Game of Thrones - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones   Game of Thrones - Page 2 EmptyWed May 11, 2011 2:16 am

Tyrion makes the whole show. And i like Snow too.
Back to top Go down
fogofwar
Secondary Character
fogofwar

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones   Game of Thrones - Page 2 EmptyWed May 11, 2011 2:22 am

The series keeps getting better (which is surprising given how good the first episode was). A lot of shows spend a huge chunk of their money on the pilot and the resulting drop off in quality is usually quite noticeable.

I knew Legend of the Seeker was crappy before but watching Game of Thrones makes it seem far crappier.

You can tell that the writers on Game of Thrones have a tremendous respect for the source material and made changes when it was deemed to be absolutely necessary. Whole portions of dialogue are taken directly from the books and favorite lines are almost certainly included.

On the other hand, many would question of the writers of the Legend of the Seeker did anything more than skim the first book.

Finally, the actors are also in another stratosphere (though some of this is due to the difference in the quality of the scripts).
Back to top Go down
fogofwar
Secondary Character
fogofwar

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones   Game of Thrones - Page 2 EmptyWed May 11, 2011 2:23 am

BTW, the show was renewed for the second season after the premier of the first episode!
Back to top Go down
ForeverCrimson
Minor Character
ForeverCrimson

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones   Game of Thrones - Page 2 EmptyWed May 11, 2011 9:31 am

The last episode was really good. Tyrian has definitely become one of my favourite characters.

I also like Arya (Ned Stark's little girl - "the pointy end goes in the other person"!) and Daenerys has really grown on me in the last two episodes.

As to the blonde hair... I thought the brother was actually fairly fair-haired. Enough for that plot-line to work (thanks for the heads-up on that btw :-P )
Back to top Go down
Calwyn
Sidekick
Calwyn

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones   Game of Thrones - Page 2 EmptyWed May 11, 2011 7:05 pm

Each episode has seen increased ratings when aired for the first time, and I know from other people that have HBO that they replay it multiple times during the week. I think the last episode had 2.5 million viewers.
Back to top Go down
IMagius
Primary Character
IMagius

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones   Game of Thrones - Page 2 EmptyWed May 11, 2011 10:14 pm

Here in Ontario, it's on SUnday night on HBO ... then again afterwards on HBO2 ... then later int eh week both channels replay it at least once ... and by mid-week it's already in the On Demand listings so I can watch it whenever I want throughout the week Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Confessor Kahlan
Primary Character
Confessor Kahlan

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones   Game of Thrones - Page 2 EmptyFri May 13, 2011 9:49 am

ForeverCrimson wrote:
The last episode was really good. Tyrian has definitely become one of my favourite characters.

I also like Arya (Ned Stark's little girl - "the pointy end goes in the other person"!)

Both Arya and Tyrion were my favourite characters in the books and they have not disappointed in the show. They are exactly how I imagined them.
Back to top Go down
fogofwar
Secondary Character
fogofwar

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones   Game of Thrones - Page 2 EmptyMon May 16, 2011 3:01 am

Wow, episode 5 was extraordinarily good. It was a bit uncomfortable watching the Lysa scene though.
Back to top Go down
Deano
Secondary Character
Deano

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones   Game of Thrones - Page 2 EmptyMon May 16, 2011 11:51 am

Couldn't help wondering about the thoughts of the kid playing Robert Arryn (right? been a while since I read the series) and his parents about that scene.
Back to top Go down
talonnolan
Shard Bearer
Shard Bearer
talonnolan

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones   Game of Thrones - Page 2 EmptyWed May 25, 2011 6:40 am

Still loving the show. I saw the latest 2 episodes tonight. Just awesome.
Back to top Go down
Calwyn
Sidekick
Calwyn

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones   Game of Thrones - Page 2 EmptyWed May 25, 2011 2:33 pm

man I need to catch up on it... missed the last one and a half episodes still
Back to top Go down
fogofwar
Secondary Character
fogofwar

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones   Game of Thrones - Page 2 EmptyWed May 25, 2011 3:57 pm

I will say it now - it is the best TV show I have ever watched. I think it is much better than the Lord of the Rings also.
Back to top Go down
IMagius
Primary Character
IMagius

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones   Game of Thrones - Page 2 EmptyThu May 26, 2011 12:22 pm

Best Book to TV conversion ever? I think so.

Best TV show ever? I don't think so ... there are just too many contenders for that award I think.
Back to top Go down
Calwyn
Sidekick
Calwyn

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones   Game of Thrones - Page 2 EmptyThu May 26, 2011 3:57 pm

While I think it's an excellent show I don't know that it's my favourite, or one I would consider the "best"
Back to top Go down
Deano
Secondary Character
Deano

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones   Game of Thrones - Page 2 EmptyThu May 26, 2011 11:39 pm

Am I the only one having a hard time taking Mark Addy seriously as the king? I've only ever really seen him in comedic roles before this.
Back to top Go down
Calwyn
Sidekick
Calwyn

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones   Game of Thrones - Page 2 EmptyFri May 27, 2011 1:14 am

I've never seen him in anything else, but he's not exactly as I pictured Robert to be. He has the fat part down, but he's so... short. I mean even Sean Bean is taller than he is, and Sean Bean isn't the tallest guy.
Back to top Go down
talonnolan
Shard Bearer
Shard Bearer
talonnolan

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones   Game of Thrones - Page 2 EmptyFri May 27, 2011 1:21 am

You've never seen A Knights Tale Brian?

And personally, I think he is doing an awesome job. Having never read the books, i don't really know how he should be, but i like him a lot.
Back to top Go down
IMagius
Primary Character
IMagius

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones   Game of Thrones - Page 2 EmptyFri May 27, 2011 9:27 am

I read the books and I thought he was a good choice for King.

I've seen A Knight's Tale countless times, but I can't place him in it ... Sad
Back to top Go down
Confessor Kahlan
Primary Character
Confessor Kahlan

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones   Game of Thrones - Page 2 EmptyFri May 27, 2011 9:32 am

I quite like Mark Addy in the role. I don't think the character of Robert Baratheon from the books had too much of an impact on me because I can't remember how I pictured him while reading them. But I think that Mark Addy is doing a good job.

And IMag, he plays Roland in A Knight's Tale. Looks a bit different now.
Back to top Go down
IMagius
Primary Character
IMagius

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones   Game of Thrones - Page 2 EmptyFri May 27, 2011 7:35 pm

HE was Roland Shocked Wow! Does he ever look different now! Aside from both of the characters being on the heavy side, I never would have guessed that. I'd have to say he certainly isn't a one-sided actor then ... got some great laughs from his character in AKT, and I am enjoying him as the King in GOT Smile
Back to top Go down
Professor X
Founder of the X-Men
Founder of the X-Men
Professor X

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones   Game of Thrones - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 19, 2011 6:37 pm

Finally watched all of Game of Thrones eps 1-9 yesterday! Yay for HBO in Canada! Can't wait for the Season Finale here tonight! My Mother is no longer sure she likes the show though. She really loved Sean Bean's Eddard Stark! Awesome show!
Back to top Go down
http://www.worldbuildersguild.net/
fogofwar
Secondary Character
fogofwar

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones   Game of Thrones - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 19, 2011 6:58 pm

It is quite amusing how angry the non-book readers became after Ned Stark was killed off. They don't understand that if Ned Stark lives, you don't have the rest of the books. I'm so glad they didn't pull a Legend of the Seeker and defiled the story.
Back to top Go down
IMagius
Primary Character
IMagius

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones   Game of Thrones - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 19, 2011 9:35 pm

dammit .. missed the start of the finale ... now I have to wait another hour and a half to watch it in it's entirety Sad

So far I am quite enjoying this series ... and I am certainly putting the DVD set on my "wish list" Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ForeverCrimson
Minor Character
ForeverCrimson

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones   Game of Thrones - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 22, 2011 5:27 am

Finale was awesome. Having never read the books I was shocked when Ned was killed, but as it's in the books I'm glad the series kept it's integrity, though I have a feeling it may alienate some viewers.

Daenerys just keeps getting better as a character and
Spoiler:
So excited and impressed by the CGI!
Back to top Go down
IMagius
Primary Character
IMagius

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones   Game of Thrones - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 22, 2011 1:14 pm

FC ... You ain't seen nothing yet! Razz If Season 2 is at all like Season 1 was, and having not read the books, I think you'll be in for quite a ride.

Loved the finale!

Also ... I picked up the Soundtrack for Game of Thrones. Just excellent listening Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones   Game of Thrones - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Game of Thrones
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next