The World Builders Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where creative thinkers come together to build worlds...

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Book Club - Final Vote

Go down 
+3
Nicci
Calwyn
rainshadow
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Pick a title for the second book.
Fellowship of the Ring - Tolkien
Book Club - Final Vote Vote_lcap11%Book Club - Final Vote Vote_rcap
 11% [ 1 ]
The Sword of Shannara - Brooks
Book Club - Final Vote Vote_lcap33%Book Club - Final Vote Vote_rcap
 33% [ 3 ]
The Eyes of the Dragon - King
Book Club - Final Vote Vote_lcap33%Book Club - Final Vote Vote_rcap
 33% [ 3 ]
The 5th Profession - Morrell
Book Club - Final Vote Vote_lcap22%Book Club - Final Vote Vote_rcap
 22% [ 2 ]
The Talisman - King
Book Club - Final Vote Vote_lcap0%Book Club - Final Vote Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 9

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
rainshadow
Compulsive Writer
Compulsive Writer
rainshadow

Book Club - Final Vote Empty
PostSubject: Book Club - Final Vote   Book Club - Final Vote EmptyTue Dec 08, 2009 4:47 pm

We are reading The Game of Thrones by G.R.R. Martin and we will vote on the other book to chose from in this poll.

I'm going to leave the thread open for a few days so that potentially other members might decide to join us.
Back to top Go down
https://worldbuildersguild.rpg-board.net
Calwyn
Sidekick
Calwyn

PostSubject: Re: Book Club - Final Vote   Book Club - Final Vote EmptyTue Dec 08, 2009 7:37 pm

Sword of Shannara for me
Back to top Go down
Nicci
rainshadow's girl
Nicci

PostSubject: Re: Book Club - Final Vote   Book Club - Final Vote EmptyTue Dec 08, 2009 8:00 pm

I voted for The Eyes of the Dragon. It's been highly recommended to me and I've been wanting to read it for a while. I'm happy that we're going to read A Game of Thrones though. Excellent book.
Back to top Go down
Professor X
Founder of the X-Men
Founder of the X-Men
Professor X

PostSubject: Re: Book Club - Final Vote   Book Club - Final Vote EmptyTue Dec 08, 2009 8:40 pm

Since we are sharing - I voted for The Sword of Shannara.
Back to top Go down
http://www.worldbuildersguild.net/
Nicci
rainshadow's girl
Nicci

PostSubject: Re: Book Club - Final Vote   Book Club - Final Vote EmptyWed Dec 09, 2009 12:14 am

I guess I won't mind if it's that book...it's been a couple years since I've read it and it means I won't have to go out and buy anything. I was really hoping the Koran would have made it onto this list though...I guess I'll just have to read it on my own time after exams. In all honesty, you guys are so awesome that I could read anything with you and have fun. I <3 you all. Group hug anyone? Book Club - Final Vote 760400 Book Club - Final Vote 760400 Book Club - Final Vote 760400 Book Club - Final Vote 760400 Book Club - Final Vote 760400 Book Club - Final Vote 760400 Book Club - Final Vote 760400
Back to top Go down
lalib
Friendly Neighborhood Terrorist
lalib

PostSubject: Re: Book Club - Final Vote   Book Club - Final Vote EmptyWed Dec 09, 2009 12:17 am

Smooch! Yay group hug.

After group hug, group sex? (and by group I mean Beth) Evil Plot
Back to top Go down
Calwyn
Sidekick
Calwyn

PostSubject: Re: Book Club - Final Vote   Book Club - Final Vote EmptyWed Dec 09, 2009 1:03 am

You want Beth to have sex with herself? (You didn't include yourself in that 'group'Razz)
Back to top Go down
Nicci
rainshadow's girl
Nicci

PostSubject: Re: Book Club - Final Vote   Book Club - Final Vote EmptyWed Dec 09, 2009 1:20 am

Here I was trying to be all cute and sentimental for ONCE in my life and the terrorist had to go ruin it with talk of fornication. Book Club - Final Vote 933613
Back to top Go down
Calwyn
Sidekick
Calwyn

PostSubject: Re: Book Club - Final Vote   Book Club - Final Vote EmptyWed Dec 09, 2009 2:52 am

Ruin it?

...or make it BETTER? Razz
Back to top Go down
lalib
lalib

PostSubject: Re: Book Club - Final Vote   Book Club - Final Vote EmptyWed Dec 09, 2009 12:15 pm

What can I say, my brains are all addled up.
Back to top Go down
PyroMancer
Admin
Admin
PyroMancer

PostSubject: Re: Book Club - Final Vote   Book Club - Final Vote EmptyWed Dec 09, 2009 10:13 pm

Back on track, when do we expect to begin this venture? My copy of GoT is in my dorm, and thus won't have access to it until Jan. 3rd. However, I've read it often enough, it won't be a huge deal if we start sooner. I won't have trouble catching up later.
Back to top Go down
Calwyn
Sidekick
Calwyn

PostSubject: Re: Book Club - Final Vote   Book Club - Final Vote EmptyWed Dec 09, 2009 10:57 pm

I would prefer to start it sometime in January after all my exams, and holiday rush at work, and general holiday festivities are over and I have more time.
Back to top Go down
rainshadow
Compulsive Writer
Compulsive Writer
rainshadow

PostSubject: Re: Book Club - Final Vote   Book Club - Final Vote EmptyWed Dec 09, 2009 11:58 pm

naughtyshadow posts from work...

As far as I'm concerned (based on what Brian had said earlier) we were always intending on starting in January. The poll will be open another 6 days, just in case some newcomers saunter in and have their own thoughts. Wink
Back to top Go down
PyroMancer
Admin
Admin
PyroMancer

PostSubject: Re: Book Club - Final Vote   Book Club - Final Vote EmptyThu Dec 10, 2009 1:21 am

Cool beans.
Back to top Go down
Nicci
rainshadow's girl
Nicci

PostSubject: Re: Book Club - Final Vote   Book Club - Final Vote EmptySat Dec 12, 2009 2:26 am

The Eyes of the Dragon is now tied for first!!! I wonder who voted. Either way... Book Club - Final Vote 659583
Back to top Go down
Confessor Kahlan
Primary Character
Confessor Kahlan

PostSubject: Re: Book Club - Final Vote   Book Club - Final Vote EmptySat Dec 12, 2009 10:44 am

I don't know if I'll have much time to devote to the book club. I will if I can. Anyway, I voted for Fellowship of the Ring. Looks like I'm the only one who did, though. I guess I'm just a lonely little peanut stuck out on the furthest branch of our little WBG family tree. Book Club - Final Vote Kopfschuettel Book Club - Final Vote Icon_geek

Seriously, though, I don't mind what book wins.
Back to top Go down
rainshadow
Compulsive Writer
Compulsive Writer
rainshadow

PostSubject: Re: Book Club - Final Vote   Book Club - Final Vote EmptySat Dec 12, 2009 3:11 pm

I guess we best not count our chickens before they are hatched...
Back to top Go down
Nicci
rainshadow's girl
Nicci

PostSubject: Re: Book Club - Final Vote   Book Club - Final Vote EmptySat Dec 12, 2009 7:02 pm

What are we going to do if the vote ends in a tie? Have a poll containing only the two books? Just asking because it's a very real possibility.
Back to top Go down
rainshadow
Compulsive Writer
Compulsive Writer
rainshadow

PostSubject: Re: Book Club - Final Vote   Book Club - Final Vote EmptySat Dec 12, 2009 7:22 pm

Anyone in favor of a giant droid deathmatch?

I would personally suggest we start with Eyes of the Dragon and THEN go on to Shannara, because Shannara is a series and Dragon is a single, standalone novel, but it's up to debate.

Instead of another vote we will ask the two who nominated the titles what they want to read first.

That'd be Peter and you. Of course, the poll isn't over yet.
Back to top Go down
Nicci
rainshadow's girl
Nicci

PostSubject: Re: Book Club - Final Vote   Book Club - Final Vote EmptySat Dec 12, 2009 9:22 pm

I'm diggin rainshadow's idea of starting with Eyes of the Dragon and the reasoning behind it. I'm definitely picking up what he's putting down. Book Club - Final Vote Icon_santa
Back to top Go down
Calwyn
Sidekick
Calwyn

PostSubject: Re: Book Club - Final Vote   Book Club - Final Vote EmptySat Dec 12, 2009 11:49 pm

Meh, I just picked which one I'd prefer. I probably won't end up reading either if we're going to have it as running concurrent with A Game of Thrones. I don't have enough free time for two Razz
Back to top Go down
PyroMancer
Admin
Admin
PyroMancer

PostSubject: Re: Book Club - Final Vote   Book Club - Final Vote EmptySun Dec 13, 2009 1:57 am

So I know some of you have read GoT before, and were not overly enthused. I suggest reading this very amusing blog (if you haven't read the book, wait until we begin, spoilers ensue!). Perhaps it will give you a new/different perspective, or maybe you'll look forward to reading the book a little more rather than dread it.

If nothing else, this blog is positively hilarious.
Back to top Go down
rainshadow
Compulsive Writer
Compulsive Writer
rainshadow

PostSubject: Re: Book Club - Final Vote   Book Club - Final Vote EmptySun Dec 13, 2009 2:21 am

If I have incentive to read it I will. That was my issue... it wasn't enough just to read it before. If I have a reason to continue, such as this book club thingamabopper, I'll have no issues reading.
Back to top Go down
Nicci
rainshadow's girl
Nicci

PostSubject: Re: Book Club - Final Vote   Book Club - Final Vote EmptySun Dec 13, 2009 6:10 pm

Pyro-That blog is amazing. I <3 it almost as much as I <3 you. Book Club - Final Vote 747369
Back to top Go down
rainshadow
Compulsive Writer
Compulsive Writer
rainshadow

PostSubject: Re: Book Club - Final Vote   Book Club - Final Vote EmptyMon Dec 21, 2009 3:57 am

I guess, judging by what Bethany and Brian both said, that we're going with A Game of Thrones and The Eyes of the Dragon.

When do we want to begin? Obviously we can start reading whenever we want (on an individual level) but when do we want to begin our discussions?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Book Club - Final Vote   Book Club - Final Vote Empty

Back to top Go down

Book Club - Final Vote
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next